President's Video Update for Jan. 28
In his weekly video message, President Ortiz talks about the CSU Board of Trustees' plan to limit the number of units campuses require of students to earn a degree.
The trustees' plan is to intended to reduce educational costs and help students graduate more quickly. By fall 2014, most bachelor's degree programs will require a maximum of 180 quarter units or 120 semesters, with a few exceptions.
Other topics in the president's video message:
- applications are being accepted for Stories of Successful Learning
- The College of Business Administration is inviting budding entrepreneurs to take part in the Bronco Startup Challenge
- a Feb. 5 workshop to help student veterans transition from life in the military to life at Cal Poly Pomona
- the Department of Theater and Modern Dance's presentation of "The Guys"
- Pizza with the Presidents recap
- staffing changes in the President's Office.
To read the entire video message, download a PDF of the transcript.