President's Video Update for Jan. 14
In his weekly video message, President Ortiz talks about the governor's proposed budget and its impact on higher education and the California State University system.
With the passage of Proposition 30, the budget would restore funding that was previously cut and would add more state funding for the CSU system. It also would keep tuition fees flat and earmark more money for online strategies to give students more opportunities to take "bottleneck" courses.
Other topics in the president's video message:
- Kiplinger's ranking of best values in higher education
- The Rose Parade float winning the Bob Hope Humor Trophy
- Good news regarding our men's and women's basketball teams
- The P.M. Pizza with the Presidents on Jan. 24
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
To read the entire video message, download a PDF of the transcript.